Thursday, March 9, 2017

Challenges and Joys - Patrick Dodd

The biggest challenge for me has been searching for the balance between recognizing and respecting the emotional and mental state of a character, without pushing to "indicate" that state. It excites me because finding this balance is, I believe, one of the most important jobs of an actor; and it scares me because it is incredibly difficult, and constantly shifting. 

There was a moment in singing class when we were all humming together, not even intending to harmonize, and I felt the hum in my entire body and felt like everyone in the room was connected by the vibrations. That was beautiful and unique for me.

Patrick Dodd will be playing Edward Ferrars in Sense and Sensibility at the Citadel later this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment